If you are thinking about how to Lay artifical grass?? Then no worries….. Once you've decided which artificial turf will bring out the best in your lawn, it's time to lay it! We've pulled together a guide filled with expert tips to make it as easy as possible. After reading this blog, you will never search again for how to lay artifical grass.
In this blog, we have written all guidelines about the easiest way to lay artificial grass, and we are sure you don't want to make a mistake with your project. So, let's read along.
How to Lay Artifical Grass [Quick Guidelines]
Here is a brief overview of the tasks to help you reach your ideal lawn!
- collect the tools you'll need
- Remove any existing grass
- Prepare the base layer
- Apply a layer of sand
- Create an even surface
- Put down a layer of shock-absorbent material
- Remove the grass-free border from the artificial grass
- Align the grass
- Cut the grass to the shape you want
- instal the grass
- Brush sand into the grass
Read Artifical Grass Gardens [Kids Choice]
Artificial grass laying tools
Make sure you've got the tools for this job. It will ensure you can achieve the best possible finish and make the process easier.
- A sharp knife and spare blades
- Knee pads and gloves
- Tape measure/straight edge
- Compaction plate or roller
- Turf cutter
- Stiff outdoor broom or motorized power brush
- Sand spreader
- Notched trail
Artificial Grass Laying Accessories
- Galvanized Steel U Pins (50 Pins per Pack)
- Seaming Tape LMP Super
- Geotextile Weed Membrane for Artificial Grass - 100 GSM
- B Bond Artificial Grass Adhesive
- Multi-Purpose G Bond Adhesive
QUICK TIP: The steps are almost the same: laying artificial turf on paving slabs or rolling out in place of a natural lawn. Just ensure that the surface has been adequately prepared. No need to completely smooth out the surface – the odd bumps and lumps make it look more natural.