Decking without grass on it looks grubby and we couldn’t agree more! To simply make it look green and lively, lay artificial grass on it.
Artificial grass and decking, the perfect combination for you? Let’s find out!
Before that, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram; The Artificial Grass Company UK
Artificial Grass and Decking; The Perfect Combination
Everyone wants a low-maintenance garden that looks real and green every day. This requires having a low-maintaining surface from paving to decking to artificial grass. Fake grass offers many benefits from buying to its maintenance. Easy to install, easy to clean, looks real and fresh, long-lasting, durable, and so on.
Let’s talk about some benefits of decking as well:1. Decking offers a great place to entertain. Outside your backdoor, it helps to extend your living place. You can make the most of the natural light as well. It encourages people to enjoy the full size of your garden in good weather.
2. Secondly, it increases your home value. It also depends on the time of installation; the material being used or even on the time of year. It has been reported that many people believe that decking which was installed 15 years ago and hasn’t been well maintained can reduce the value of your home.
3. There are different materials available for decking as well. For instance, a decking made from timber remains classic and can never go out of style but can degrade over time. A deck made from recycled plastic lasts longer and has a fine finish to it.
Also Read: Artificial Golf Putting Green Installation Tips
Laying Artificial Grass on Decking
Installation of fake turf on the decking surface is the same as laying a carpet on the floor. But, for a smooth and long-lasting installation, make sure you follow these steps:
- Make the decking area free from any debris and furniture.
- Use a scrubbing brush or hose to clean the decking surface
- Apply a damp-proofing treatment which is optional. Allow it to dry for 24-48 hours
- Apply a shock pad to keep the surface smooth
- Lay the grass and let it sit for some time.
- Use screws or spot glue to secure the corners.
To get the blended look of your garden, artificial grass and decking are the perfect combinations one could ask for.